Services, Specialties, Fees
Birdie Monk Holsclaw, CG, FUGA
To home page
Currently taking new research clients for consultation only (June 2005)
Services and Specialties
- Lecturing and teaching.
- Research consultation - Analysis of problems and development of research plans for those who wish to conduct their own research; organization of genealogical papers.
- Publication services - Copyediting, proofreading, consultation on compiling and indexing.
- Computer services - Consultation on web site design and development; tutoring; indexing; chart preparation; abstracting; family history compilation.
- Research - Colorado state and local records, especially in metropolitan Denver, Boulder, Weld, Larimer, and other northeastern Colorado counties.
- Research - Pennsylvania state and local records, especially land and other primary records; on-site research in Lancaster and neighboring counties.
- Research - Land records (federal, state and local), land platting, maps.
Repositories and Resources in Colorado
- Courthouses and local libraries
- National Archives, Rocky Mountain Branch
- Denver Public Library, Genealogy and Western History, Government Publications Departments
- Colorado State Archives, Colorado Historical Society
- Colorado University law and research libraries
- Local Family History Center (LDS) with many Pennsylvania resources on indefinite loan
- Extensive private library of general reference works; Colorado and Pennsylvania published and primary records (books and microform)
Fees and Expenses
- Hourly fee for consultation or research: $25.00. Retainer: advance payment for one-half of authorized hours and expenses. Time includes analysis, research (if any), and report preparation.
- Travel: No charge for travel in Boulder-Denver metropolitan area. All other travel expenses (transportation, lodging, meals) are billed to client, or shared between clients.
- Expenses: Photocopies, postage, special supplies, and parking/repository fees are billed to client.
- Lecture fee: $250.00 per lecture, plus travel expenses (transportation, lodging, meals). Discount for all-day seminars, and to Colorado societies.
Birdie Monk Holsclaw, CG; 7472 Mt. Sherman Road, Longmont, CO 80503-8678.
To home page
<http://www.holsclaw.net/bmh/specialties.htm> Last revised 5 November 2007.